At the Law Office of Stanley E. Robison, Jr, we understand the complexities and challenges that come with commercial vehicle accidents. As an experienced law firm specializing in personal injury cases, we are dedicated to helping our clients get the justice they deserve.
What Are Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Commercial vehicle accidents refer to collisions involving trucks, buses, vans, and other vehicles that are used for commercial purposes. These accidents can occur on highways, city streets, or even in parking lots. Due to the sheer size and weight of commercial vehicles, accidents involving them often result in severe injuries or even fatalities.
Common Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
There are several common causes of commercial vehicle accidents:
- Distracted Driving: Commercial drivers may be distracted by their smartphones, GPS devices, or other electronic devices, leading to accidents.
- Fatigue: Long hours and tight deadlines can cause commercial drivers to become fatigued, impairing their ability to operate their vehicles safely.
- Driver Error: Negligent driving behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, and failing to yield right of way are major contributors to commercial vehicle accidents.
- Vehicle Maintenance Issues: Poorly maintained commercial vehicles, including brake failures and tire blowouts, can lead to accidents.
- Intoxicated Driving: Commercial drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs pose a serious risk on the road.
The Aftermath of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Being involved in a commercial vehicle accident can have a significant impact on your life. The physical, emotional, and financial consequences can be overwhelming. It is crucial to take the right steps following an accident to protect your rights and seek appropriate compensation.
After a commercial vehicle accident, it is essential to:
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel okay, it's crucial to get a thorough medical evaluation to identify any hidden injuries.
- Document the Scene: If possible, gather evidence at the accident scene, such as taking photos, collecting witness statements, and obtaining the driver's information.
- Contact the Authorities: Report the accident to the police and ensure that an official report is filed.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Inform your insurance provider about the accident, but be cautious about giving detailed statements without legal guidance.
- Consult with an Attorney: Contact the Law Office of Stanley E. Robison, Jr to discuss your case with our experienced personal injury lawyers.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You
At the Law Office of Stanley E. Robison, Jr, we have a successful track record of handling commercial vehicle accident cases. Our legal team understands the intricate legalities involved and knows how to navigate the complex legal system to protect our clients' rights.
When you choose our law firm, you can expect:
- Experience: With years of experience in personal injury law, we have the knowledge and expertise to represent your best interests.
- Investigation: We will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, collecting evidence, analyzing police reports, and consulting with experts if necessary.
- Negotiation: Our skilled negotiators will strive to achieve a fair settlement with insurance companies while advocating for your rights.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and vigorously advocate for you before a judge and jury.
- Compassion: We understand the emotional toll a commercial vehicle accident can have on you and your loved ones. Our team provides compassionate support and guidance throughout the legal process.
Contact Us Today
If you have been involved in a commercial vehicle accident, don't wait to seek legal help. Contact the Law Office of Stanley E. Robison, Jr for a free consultation. We have the skills, resources, and dedication to help you get the compensation you deserve. Don't let a commercial vehicle accident derail your life - let our experienced attorneys fight for justice on your behalf.